- Authenticate on the RETS server
- Compare the current metadata version to what we have stored.
- If our metadata is outdated or we don't have it yet, grab the metadata.
- Created a form-builder that uses the metadata for it's source.
- Parse the form submission into a DMQL2 query.
- Present the result.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Coldfusion RETS Goals
Prior to diving into parsing the metadata, I should clarify what the initial goal of this project is. While my line of work will have me doing all kinds of interesting things with RETS, I think the best approach here is to keep it simple. To that end, I am going to build an application that allows for a dynamic search form to be created by the client, execute the search, and see the results in a presentable manner. This will require the following.